Kelly R. Johnson, MBA, CPA/ABV/CFF
Kelly R. Johnson is a Managing Member of Norman, Townsend & Johnson. Kelly was previously with the Financial Analysis Group of KPMG Peat Marwick and the consulting firm of Norman Loebbecke Associates prior to forming Norman, Townsend & Johnson in 2002.
Kelly has been engaged more than 1,500 times by attorneys, business executives, claim adjusters, and government officials to provide consulting and expert witness services. Through his years of experience, Kelly has testified more than 200 times regarding economic losses, valuation, fraud and accounting issues before Federal and State Courts, government boards and commissions, and in arbitrations and depositions.
Professional Certifications and Affiliations
• Certified Public Accountant, licensed in the State of Utah
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1991 – present
• Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, 1991 – present
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 1997- present
• National Association of Forensic Economists, 2000 – present
• Salt Lake Estate Planning Council, 2002 – 2004
• Master’s Degree of Business Administration – Brigham Young University – 1989
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Accounting – Weber State College – 1987
• Completed more than 900 hours of continuing education business valuation and damage calculation courses
• Successfully passed the four examinations proctored by the American Society of Appraisers for business valuation competency