R. Brad Townsend, MBA, CPA/ABV/CFF
R. Brad Townsend is a Managing Member of the firm of Norman, Townsend & Johnson, a Salt Lake City-based accounting firm which specializes in business valuation, forensic accounting and economic loss consulting. He was previously with the Financial Analysis Group of the international accounting firm of KPMG Peat Marwick and the consulting firm of Norman Loebbecke Associates prior to forming Norman, Townsend & Johnson. Mr. Townsend has 28 years of experience providing business valuation, forensic accounting, and economic loss services to the business community.
Brad’s professional experience includes substantial involvement in over 1,500 engagements in a wide variety of business settings. He has provided services in both general business as well as litigation settings. Throughout his professional career, Brad has provided expert witness testimony on over 200 occasions in State and Federal court proceedings as well as Arbitration and Governmental Agency hearings. He has appeared as an expert witness in the states of Utah, California, Wyoming and Idaho. He has provided testimony on a wide variety of business valuation, forensic accounting and economic loss matters.
Professional Certifications and Affiliations
• Certified Public Accountant, licensed in the State of Utah
• Accredited in Business Valuation, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Certified in Financial Forensics, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
• International Association of Collaborative Professionals
• Former Board Member, Finance Committee Chairman and Treasurer, HawkWatch International
• Former Vice-Chairman, UACPA Litigation Services Committee
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Accounting (with Honors) – University of Utah – 1986
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration – University of Utah – 1987